WHY are you are paying higher costs for coax antenna lines and jumpers and HOW TO AVOID IT
If you have been shopping for antenna cables lately you may have noticed that prices on LMR and RG type coax cable assemblies are up sharply. In fact, the price of a 100 foot LMR-400 Antenna line from us is up a whopping $38 each! This is no accident. We held the line on coax pricing for a year now while costs have steadily risen.
In order to reduce costs we have laid off two employees and cut back hours for all. But the time has come to raise RF cable assembly prices.
Manufacturers are increasing prices due to demand and the rise of copper prices. As the economy continues to expand the cost of copper is going up. Without diluting the copper content by adding tin or iron like the Chinese, the cost of manufacturing cable is going up as well.
WHY Are Cable prices rising
- TIMES MICROWAVE PRICE INCREASE – On 1 April, Times Microwave increased wholesale cable and connector costs for all distributors. A coil of LMR240 cable that used to cost $100 now has a wholesale cost of $108.00
- CONNECTOR PRICES ARE UP – With copper prices higher so to is the price of Brass – this means we are paying 15-18% more for quality connectors because we will NOT use the cheap Chinese ones.
- HIGHER SALES FEES – Amazon presented sellers with new contracts raising commission fees. On our cable assemblies we paid a wrap fee of 9% commission on the sales and shipping cost. The new contract raises this to 19.97% for every item sold on the site. This means for a $100 LMR-400 cable, we now have to charge $110.47 just to get paid the same amount as before.
- SHIPPING COSTS ARE RISING – For years now, it has been cheaper for a Chinese company to ship a counterfeit LMR-240 cable from Shanghai to Atlanta, GA CHEAPER than we can ship a real cable assembly of the same size from Southern GA to Atlanta… This has gotten much worse with postage rates up significantly again this year.
- THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FREE SHIPPING – I don’t care if you are a Prime Member, or have some other deal. Shipping costs are always built int the sales price. WE get charged for every cable shipped to YOU. When shipping costs rise – so does the sales price. I could actually save on postage by relocating to China…
- GOOD FOLKS COST MORE! – Thankfully, SW, GA is not a high cost area. Never the less, we pay out technicians living wage even by the standards of much more metropolitan areas. By the time they are fully trained and get their General License our techs building Antenna Cables full time make a decent living – their counterparts in China make $4 per Day and get free Rice…
- CHANGE VENUES – Check out our MPD Digital E commerce site USACOAX.COM – Not only will you avoid having to pay the extra fees but you can choose from over 20 Types of RF Coaxial Cable and hundreds of connector combinations. YES there is a small shipping cost on each order, but your total cable price will be LOWER.
- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR SPECIALS – Right now we still have two thousand feet of CU400 for 69 cents per foot and LMR-600 for $1.24 per foot! 100% USA MADE COAXIAL CABLE – Cheap!
- CONSIDER ALTERNATIVES – Think copper cable is high? Look at Silver RG-214! We have Silver RG-223 at a good price that will work just as well for short runs. Do you NEED LMR-400? Or will another USA Made LMR type cable with the same specifications and warranty work for you? What if you could save 30%???
- CALL US – You never know what we might have sitting on the shelf we can offer you a “one time good deal” on 🙂 There are tons of cable types we have just a little of – If we have only a few hundred feet of a cable we don’t spend money listing and marketing it. We will discount this coaxial cable to get it Gone!